New Yamaha Touring Bike Coming Out On June 5th - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

New Yamaha Touring Bike Coming Out On June 5th

I love my 2013 FJR, but I rode V-Twins for many, many years and I have been having a hankering to get another one.

So I'm anxiously awaiting the unveiling of Yamaha's new touring bike that is going to unveiled on June 5th, and if it's what I'm hoping it is, which is a high tech, big inch V-Twin, I may be selling my FJR. By looking at the 3rd video, it looks like there's a very good chance that that is what it will be.

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/tr...nental-touring

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2017/...-5-with-video/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Highly modified and customized 2013 Yamaha FJR1300A.

2007 Custom Candy Sonoma Red naked Bandit 1250S/AK7 totally customized with MetrickMetal custom parts and one off mods. Full Holeshot stage II with header & slip-on, Race Tech gold valves / springs and Cogent Dynamic shock. In a constant state of metamorphosis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 03:15 AM
Farkle Trainee

Another big V-Twin?

Just what we need!

I can't see anything Yamaha lists as a tourer competing with a Sports/Tourer. Maybe it will take some more Harley sales.

The other thing it could be is competition for the Gold Wing, but they had a Gold Wing beater in the 80s, and scrapped it.

Steve

2005 Yamaha FJR1300A
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 07:07 AM
Farkle Trainee

In hindsight, that's clearly what the videos are hinting about.

Tour of Honor- Join today.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 07:22 AM
Farkle Trainee

There's no doubt it's a big touring cruiser. Hopefully, it won't look like a Victory.

Tiger_993 (aka Bryan)
2006 FJR1300A
2012 WR250R
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 07:49 AM
Farkle Trainee

I can't get as excited about this new Yamaha model as I would if only Yamaha would announce that they have fixed the FJR's seat.

2016 FJR1300A
2016 Beta 430 RS
2016 Subaru Outback
2013 Tesla Model S 85
2009 Husaberg FE450
1983 Porsche 928S
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 08:02 AM
Farkle Trainee

Not my cup-O-tea, I wish Yamaha would spend some $$$ on the fjr with some updates like more power, a real seat, the touring windshield as standard, lower Cg and weight and a rear frame that won't break, how about a horn not a squeaker, heated seats, how's about talking to their customers and actually listening to the issues they have. Another heavy, slow, Harley wanna be is just what we need,,,,, I'll shut up now...

Steve P
2014A
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
Not my cup-O-tea, I wish Yamaha would spend some $$$ on the fjr with some updates like more power, a real seat, the touring windshield as standard, lower Cg and weight and a rear frame that won't break, how about a horn not a squeaker, heated seats, how's about talking to their customers and actually listening to the issues they have. Another heavy, slow, Harley wanna be is just what we need,,,,, I'll shut up now...

Or how about not having to take half the bike apart just to change the coolant, when they could have easily made left top cover that contains the useless glove box removable like the right top cover is for the electrical, so that you could have easy access to the radiator cap.

Highly modified and customized 2013 Yamaha FJR1300A.

2007 Custom Candy Sonoma Red naked Bandit 1250S/AK7 totally customized with MetrickMetal custom parts and one off mods. Full Holeshot stage II with header & slip-on, Race Tech gold valves / springs and Cogent Dynamic shock. In a constant state of metamorphosis.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 10:22 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4HHE View Post
I can't get as excited about this new Yamaha model as I would if only Yamaha would announce that they have fixed the FJR's seat.
Russell fixed the FJR seat
JohnC and wheaton like this.

Steve

2005 Yamaha FJR1300A
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 10:57 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I have had over several dozen bikes from a turbo hayabusa to gold wings. Each fulfilled a certain purpose but none were perfect. Some were extremely powerful but not comfortable, others were very comfortable but handled poorly etc. for a factory to have everything setup for one persons needs would not suit the other person. That's why we have accessories to almost fill that need. After going to a Sargent seat, touring windshield, top box and a charging plug my 16 fjr fills most of my needs...so far. Will I ever trade it off who knows. As far as the new yamaha big twin... not for me. I'm not trying to be cool anymore at 65.

Monte
steveoreno, Barry58 and johnny99 like this.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 11:11 AM
FJR Top Gun

No big v-twins for me. As for poor seats and other desirable items, I've never found a bike with a good seat, but let me design the perfect bike for me and one of you will still think there's something better that should have been done. However, our bikes are produced at a market price that will sell, and the aftermarket stuff will always abound for that reason....

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer, 2008 WR450F, 1983 Magna V65 (for sale)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page