Seat Rocking - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By red

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Seat Rocking

My Laam seat has started rocking/flexing at the nose- where the vinyl meets the (silver) trim ring at the rear of the tank. You can hear it squeaking and see it flexing. I've never had this happen before. I haven't adjusted the seat any time recently, but I pulled the seats off and checked to make sure the H/L bracket and the nose bracket are all properly positioned. Just odd. Not the end of the world, but this is definitely new. Anyone else encountered this?

Tour of Honor- Join today.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:45 AM
red
Farkle Trainee

Seat Rocking

Bill,

I don't know Laam seats, but the stock seat pan has rubber buttons that press into holes, to prevent rocking. Did a button get lost? A good hardware store (Ace, in the USA) or the dealer might have them.

Automotive paste wax will fix your squeak. Apply wax, let dry, install seat. No rubbing or buffing.
Bill Lumberg and FjrjrF like this.

Cheers,
Red
2008 FJR1300A
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:44 AM
Farkle Trainee

Bill, if memory serves me, Bryan Glynn had a similar problem on his bike when he added the Laam seat, you might check out his video on it, I believe he fixed the squeak by adding a strip of the fuzzy Velcro tape to it and that fixed the squeak, not sure about the rocking but with all the miles you do I think Red may be onto something. My Laam so far has been perfect, if the above doesn't help give Seth a call, he may be able to help, that seems to be what he does best.

Let us know what you find because it may help someone down the road.

Steve P
2014A

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

I've had nothing but solid, better than OEM fit and finish. This is new. I'll see if something isn't missing and make sure nothing has migrated. Thanks guys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 01:16 PM
FJR Top Gun

Another suggestion, Corbins came with suede leather on the hidden front panel (that goes against the tank trim). Didn't squeak but was abrasive to the paint. You might want to try to make that surface slipperier with Lexol leather treatment, or UHMV tape. The tape is available at woodworker supply places and is quite slippery.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer, 2008 WR450F, 1983 Magna V65 (for sale)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

The rocking is new. But I think the suggestions here will address the squeak. Thanks guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page