FJR Owners Forum banner

2-Wheel Therapy

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  WhatYes 
#1 ·
It's been too long since we've been able to roll out the bikes, what with the slow onset of "spring" and the typhoon-like spring winds so notorious for our area.

So today, with somewhat milder weather hanging around, I decided to cut my workday a bit short and do some equally short local cruising.

The therapy worked.

Everything you see here is within 10 minutes of my house. And no, I do NOT take it for granted!

See less See more
#4 ·
Reminds me of when I lived in Nederland with a Ninja 600. I'd ride hwy 119, 72 and all over. Such fun roads and scenery.

Nice Kat. I've got an older 1100. Wouldn't mind having one like yours in blue.
I wouldn't mind, either. That blue is stunning.
This was my wife's bike, actually. We downsized her to a Ninja 500 and then I downsized from the FJR to this. I love how easy it handles and as you know from your own 1100, they're VERY comfortable.

#3 ·
Looks much like some of our riding spots here in Montana. Good stuff. Your right about it being a tough Spring for riding. I think you folks may be getting the same storm we are expecting tomorrow night. Heavy snow above 5000 ft (we are at 4200) and heavy rain below.... and of course, bloody wind.

#5 ·
Unfortunately, yes, it's heading our way. I can't believe it. And since we're at 6300' we'll be getting some snow AND some lows in the 20s.

And our veggie garden is planted and the 14 fruit trees on our property are in full bloom. The irony is that by Saturday it'll be sunny and 70 again.

#7 ·
Annnnnnnd............. so glad we scheduled the Colorado ride for June. This is what we awoke to this morning; highly unusual even for us. Long-time locals said they've never seen this, this late in May. Power has been out for much of the past 14 or more hours (thank God for portable generators!)

Attachments

#9 ·
Those are some awesome pics. I can relate to the slow coming summer. This year I have only ridden to work twice due to cold or rain. And I am willing to ride down into the low 40's. But morning frost brings an unnecessary danger that is just not worth it. I would love to take a ride through your part of the country with my bride on the back. Maybe some day.

#10 ·
I would love to take a ride through your part of the country with my bride on the back. Maybe some day.
Would love to have you. Plan your trip and let me know when you decide to come out and the spousal-unit and I will gladly do some touring with you folks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.